Quarter Four Week Nine – Conclusion
MONDAY, May 23, 2016:
- 7:30 – School Board Meeting
TUESDAY, May 24, 2016:
- 1:15 – Rise Together Presentation for Grades 5-8 – SH Gym
- 4:00 – New Teacher Development Meeting – WDHS LMC
- 6:00 – Rise Together Presentation for Parents/Community – SH Gym
WEDNESDAY, May 25, 2016:
- 8:15 – 5K-2 End-of-Year Recognition Rally – SH Cafeteria
- 3:45 – 8th Grade Cookout and Dance – SH Gym and Cafeteria
- 3:45 – SHES Faculty Meeting – Various Locations
THURSDAY, May 26, 2016:
- 7:00 – SDWD Hispanic/Latino Parent Meeting
FRIDAY, May 27, 2016:
- 12:45 – Early Release
- 1:00 – 4K Outreach – Wisconsin Deer Park Trip
- 4:30 – WDHS Class of 2016 Graduation – Tommy Bartlett Water Show Amphitheater
MONDAY, May 30, 2016:
- 8:00 – 8th Grade Band @ Memorial Day Parade – Wisconsin Dells
- 12:00 – 6th & 7th Grade Band @ Memorial Day Parade – Briggsville
TUESDAY, May 31, 2016:
- 2:15 – 3-5 End-of-Year Recognition Rally – SH Cafeteria
- 5:00 – Community Supper – SH Cafeteria
WEDNESDAY, June 1, 2016:
- 8:15 – SHMS Recognition Rally – SH Gym
- 10:30 – SH School Picnic – SH Cafeteria and Playground
- 12:45 – Early Release – End of School
- 1:00 – SH Staff (Everyone) Meeting – SH LMC
- 3:00 – SH Staff Social – Mexicali Rose
THURSDAY, June 2, 2016:
- 7:15 – SDWD Staff Recognition Breakfast and Program
Notes from Hugh
One full week and a couple of days, yet there is a ton of stuff to do, finish, get done, etc. I’m going easy on the resources this week and sticking mostly to communication stuff, although there will probably need to be emails and visits before the week concludes. There is a good chance this is the final bulletin for the year, but I may have a brief bulletin with updates and a few thoughts next Monday.
Keep the pedal to the metal and soak up those last moments with your students.
Have a wonderful week,
The final piece of EE for all professional staff, the Professional Goal Setting Review, is due on Friday, May 27. As mentioned last week, unlike past due dates, this one has very little flex with the school year ending June 1 and the last day for staff the following day. For those in summative years, as I plan out the summative meetings, I’m looking to hold most of those on Wednesday afternoon after the students are dismissed and n Thursday after the Staff Recognition Breakfast. I am also wondering if any staff who live in the vicinity might be willing to meet the following week? I have laptop and will travel if need be, or meet at a location with food and drink for lunch. If one is amenable to this arrangement, please let me know.
Field Trip Communication
We have many grades out of the building this week and on Tuesday, May 31. Please be sure to contact all groups impacted by the change in schedule, specifically the food service staff.
Middle School Focus
I have received some updates from folks about changes to the Rec Rally agenda. I’ll send an updated draft to staff sometime mid-week for further review.
Elementary School Focus
We will not meet in the SH Band Room for a formal meeting on Wednesday. The time can be used to work on EEP components and planning for the end of this year and the start of next year.
This link will take one to the document we have used to keep track of STAR Students. Many thanks to Tabitha and Sammi for updating each week. Please take a moment to review and confirm the names. If there are any corrections, please email those to Sammi and copy me.
Notes from Mike
Notes from Julie
This week I will be heading to Iowa for the Odyssey of the Mind World’s competition with my daughter, Rylie! This will take me out of the building Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday. I will be checking email on a regular basis so if you need anything feel free to email.
Here is a reminder of the June 1st school picnic schedule as well as recess times/supervision. If you normally supervise the cafeteria during lunch and the times work please come as usual; otherwise many staff, parents and even myself will be at the picnic. Thanks everyone for your flexibility on this exciting last day!
Grade Lunch time Recess time Recess supervisor
4K 10:30-11:00 schedule and cover on own
5K 10:55-11:20 10:15-10:45 Jody Henry and Kelli Jo Hoving
1st 11:10-11:35 10:30-11:00 Brennan/Summers/Ring
2nd 11:25 – 11:45 10:45-11:15 Durjak/Ziemke/Backhaus
3rd 10:40-11:00 10:10-10:30 Worden/Ketelhut
4th 11:40-12:00 9:30-9:50 Delmore/Crum